Member Spotlight: Tristen Taylor

by - November 05, 2018

~MEET TRISTEN~

FAB: What is your major?
TRISTEN: I am a Marketing major with a minor in Supply Chain Management.
FAB: Why did you join FAB & how has being a FAB member helped you?

TRISTEN: I joined FAB as a creative outlet! I spend so much of my time in class or at the airport working for a German airline that I tend to miss out on some of the fun Houston has to offer both in recreation & the arts. FAB was the perfect door to experience such events with wonderful people I can now call my friends!

FAB:How would you describe your personal style?
TRISTEN: My personal style is super colorful! I'm heavily inspired by drag queens & pop art, and I find a way to combine those with feminine & eye-catching elements with the 90s pieces I thrift from around Texas. I tend to dress in vintage clothing & always look for the loudest patterns/colors I can find. I like my outfits to reflect my personality & my talents as I have a niche for drawing & painting, so I never want to be perceived as anything but vibrant.

FAB: What inspires you in the fashion industry and why? 

TRISTEN: Brands in the fashion industry that celebrate diversity in sexuality, body types, skin color, & etc. inspire me greatly! Being a creole black women, I live for people in the spotlight showcasing various forms of beauty, because, to me, beauty has no limits. Cultures from around the globe glorify their people's beauty all in their unique way & to see creative directors, makeup artists, designers embrace the differences that make people so incredible makes my heart fill with joy.

FAB:What does fashion mean to you?
TRISTEN: What fashion means to me is a world dedicated to celebrating the creativity & inner artists in us all. To have an entire international industry made solely to show off the original or revamped takes of couture & the many styles it encompasses, fashion is one of the world's largest art forms & dutifully receives great recognition for being as such.

FAB: What is your dream job in the fashion industry?
TRISTEN:  My dream job in the fashion industry would be if I could work with or become my own version of Pat McGrath! Though she is a queen in the makeup industry, her work coincides with the runway. If I could show the ideas in my mind of different ways the human face could be made divine, I would be one happy woman!
Thank you so much for being apart of FAB & having such a vibrant soul!

You May Also Like

0 comments